You may or may not know I acknowledge signs when I seem them and sometimes ask for them, when things seem murky.
Well look here, no joke, out at the local park this morning in Ottawa with the kids and this Australia baseball hat is lying in the sand.
Maybe the wind blew it from a backyard clothesline or off its’ owners head.
All I know is it’s a blustery day and it was sitting smack in front of me as I strolled around.
Other times I’ve had Australian ‘signs’ in Ottawa over the past two years:
- meeting a client and discovering her daughter had just moved to Brisbane, where we lived for almost 4 years
- getting ready to present at a conference on campus and seeing an Australian Artist magazine in the lobby on a bench
- going to buy a birthday card and seeing a man in the greeting card section wearing a jacket with an Australian flag sewn on it
- going to a local coffee shop where the barista spoke and I realized he is…you guessed it, Australian
- and the last one I totally forgot about was the time a lady came and sat right in front of me at CreativeMornings Ottawa, wearing a jumper with a yellow kangaroo on the back!!!
Signs, signs, everywhere a sign!
We won’t be able to travel there any time soon, but our passports will always be kept up to date to revisit our first home together.
Stay well everyone,
– Amy (+ Family) xx
I (also) wrote a book:
Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience is based on my journey as a blogger, writer, founder and parent to date.
You can then purchase, download and read the eBook version of my book from your mobile, tablet or device!