The business of being creative
Hello and thank you for stopping by!
Great conversations with strangers and stories that must be retold are things that strike me often. I regularly stop in my tracks to photograph moments in time, events I attend and new places I explore. This blog started as an online space to share those candid photos and conversations.
Over time, I have become drawn to the business of being creative through travel + lifestyle + art & design + remote work. I’m not solely interested in life as an expat but in sharing the stories of those I encounter along my travels who are living their passion, fulfilling their dreams, trying something new and making good things great.
The writer behind the blog: Amy Maureen Lynch
Country hopper and foreign city explorer, I’m a Canadian expat who’s lived in Brisbane, Australia (2010-13), Kildare, Ireland (2014-15) and London, England (2015-17). I recently returned home to Ottawa, Canada with my Irish husband and Irish-Canadian baby boy.
Along the way I’ve made local and expat friends and kept in touch with family overseas, while studying, volunteering and working in each new country. My background is in marketing and communications, with a decade spent in roles in the private, public and charitable sectors.
On a more professional note, recent projects I’ve been working on:
- Writing my first book, set to launch in Fall 2017 – subscribe for updates here.
- One of 35 founders from across the UK selected to participate in Google’s Campus London #CampusforMums Program. Read about my experience and the program’s press coverage in The New York Times, London Evening Standard and The Sunday Times.
- Member of Global Invest Her and Blooming Founders.
- On the Board of the Ireland Canada Chamber of Commerce’s Ottawa Chapter.
- Article I wrote about my first experience living in London for the Expats Blog (2015).
Looking to use a blog post or photo?
All content (including articles and photos) are original content produced by Amy Lynch. I request that if you use any content on this website, you follow the Creative Commons guidelines as my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Read about my advertising and review policies or contact me about freelance writing opportunities.