The business of being creative
The writer behind the blog:
Amy Maureen Lynch
Country hopper and foreign city explorer, I’m a Canadian expat who’s lived in Australia, Ireland and England for the better part of the past decade.
Along the way, I’ve made local and expat friends and kept in touch with family overseas, while studying, volunteering and working in each new country.
I recently returned home to Ottawa, Canada with my Irish husband and young Irish-Canadian family.
My background is in marketing and communications, with a decade spent in roles in the private, public and charitable sectors.
On a more professional note, recent projects I’ve been working on:
- Writing my first book – subscribe for updates here.
- Creating a pilot program for women to invest in themselves, alongside their children. Recently accepted to participate in Ottawa’s Impact Academy: City Maker Edition!
- One of 35 founders from across the UK selected to participate in Google’s Campus London #CampusforMums Program. Read about my experience and the program’s press coverage in The New York Times, London Evening Standard and The Sunday Times.
- Member of Global Invest Her and Blooming Founders.
- On the Board of the Ireland Canada Chamber of Commerce’s Ottawa Chapter.
- My experiences bringing children into business settings on Doing It For The Kids (2018).
- My experiences living in the United Kingdom for Expatfinder.com (2018).
- My first few months living in London for ExpatsBlog.com (2015).
Thank you for joining me, requests are always welcome via the comments or by subscribing to my email list!
Looking to use a blog post or photo?
All content (including articles and photos) are original content produced by Amy Lynch. I request that if you use any content on this website, you follow the Creative Commons guidelines as my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Business or interview request?
Please do get in touch, read about my advertising, review and content policies.