Practicing what I’m always writing and speaking about
Parenthood and professional development don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
I’ve been re-learning how to record, upload and caption video in small windows of time, working from home with kids. 🎬
It’s all for my upcoming short online course about Mixing Babies And Business: 3 Ways To Make Remote Work More Productive For You (+ Your Family).
To help you navigate remote work with kids, I’m sharing:
- Three (3) key mindset and productivity tips I’ve found helpful over the years as a remote worker, which I’ve used before becoming a parent and since having kids;
- Real-life remote work (with kids) examples; and
- Practical flexible work resources.
These tips work whether you’re a parent or not, employee or employer and you can implement them straight away to help you navigate remote work now and in future.
Why am I making my first online course since 2013 right now?
Because it’s information I’m always sharing with others in conversation, I’ve been working remotely for the past six years and I want to help other parents (and their families) make their current and future remote work experiences more manageable (and hopefully…enjoyable!)
As a parent, online course taker and creator, some things to consider if you’re creating content:
- Think of how people will consume it:
- Are they pushing a stroller and listening to audio?
- Watching on mute and reading captions as the kids nap?
- Reading and scrolling through during late night feeds?
- Write out your content in advance if you want to multipurpose it, as it will be easier to edit subtitles and resources later on
- Summarize points on your slides if you want to provide slide notes/handouts with your resources
- Break things into small chunks and focus on doing one bit at a time to avoid overwhelm
- Try to have fun and enjoy the process, your work will reflect the energy behind it!
Comment if you have any questions about your creative projects/remote work (with kids).
I personally do a lot of Googling, trial and error and learning as I go. 🔎
Thank you for reading!
– Amy x
P.S. Feel free to forward this post to others who may also need a bit of digital love and encouragement to get started.
Looking for more info about Flexible + Remote Work?
Access my FREE Go Remote: 5 Steps To Transition To Flexible Work e-course and get started on your plans to pitch existing and future clients (or employers) a long-term remote work arrangement.
Sign up to my free short online course which includes five daily emails, prompts to get you started and a PDF workbook! ⬇️
If you have any specific questions about remote work, please comment on this blog post, I’d love to help you out!
SHOP Products + Online Courses
• Mini Training – Mixing Babies And Business: 3 Ways To Make Remote Work More Productive For You (+ Your Family) [LEARN MORE]
• Book – Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience [LEARN MORE]
• Online Course – Based on the book Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience [JOIN THE WAITLIST]
FREE Digital Resources, Templates + Guides
• E-Course – Go Remote: 5 Steps To Transition To Flexible Work [LEARN MORE]
• Template – Remote Work (With Kids) Time Blocking Made Easy [LEARN MORE]
• Guide – Babies + Business Mini Guide To Navigating The Corporate Jungle (With Kids) [LEARN MORE]
I’ve set a goal of doing more video/audio content this year, so stay tuned for quick episodes which will cover the intersection of parenthood, creativity and flexible work.
Subscribe to receive my free monthly Work + Life newsletter focused on travel, international family life, creativity and flexible work: http://bit.ly/AmyMaureenLynchNews