Babies, Business + Breakfast takes over Bayview Yards one morning a month in 2020
It’s not every day you see stroller parking, car seats, onesie snowsuits and a children’s play area in the Training Room at Bayview Yards (also the home of Invest Ottawa).
And it’s not every day as a parent that you find yourself mixing with other parents alongside your kids, as you discuss protecting your ideas, the implications of having (or not having) an Intellectual Property strategy, the changing tech landscape and how others have mixed (and are still learning how best to mix) work and home in life.
But business is human and we believe parenthood and professional development don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
For those who missed it, this was the first Babies, Business + Breakfast Pop-Up Event of 2020 and one of many I’ll be hosting over the next year in this space.
Scroll to see how we transformed the normally lecture style workshop room into a more parent and child-friendly setup.
Some of what was discussed will be shared via my newsletter (subscribe at bit.ly/BabiesBizBreakfast) and this blog but most of the content is available to attendees the day of the event.
Registration is now open for the next pop-up on Tuesday, March 31st via the button below. Tickets are limited as most parents bring a +1 (or 2) little one with them and the Training Room has restricted numbers, so get in quick if you’d like to check out the community I’m building!
I’d like to thank the following contributors to February’s event:
• Bayview Yards for having us;
• LUNCH for providing the pastries and coffee;
• Feminist Twins for sponsoring 5 tickets for community members in 2020 (there are a few of these available for the March event);
• my Mom for helping me with setup, registration and tear down;
• the guest speakers, Natalie Raffoul and Julia Elvidge, who generously gave two hours of their time and expertise to network, present and answer Q&A;
• the parents who registered and those who showed up with or without kids on one of the coldest days in February to mix, mingle, play, learn, seek and share feedback; and
• last but not least, my family who never question what I’m doing, why our LEGO blocks disappear on event days and help with logistics (and play)!
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020: Mark it in your diary, tell the family, share with friends and most importantly…RSVP via this link to secure a space for you and the kiddo(s) at our Babies, Business + Breakfast March Pop-Up at Bayview Yards.
I’ll be back in touch with the recap later this weekend and some more low to no cost March events for you to check out!
And if you’re not in Ottawa (or Canada) stay tuned as I’m working on some related parent-friendly professional development resources and offerings for you.