What do these things all have in common?
- Libraries, Bookshops, Art Galleries, Museums, Cafés and Pubs in Canada, Ireland and England
- Tech and social impact startup programs and networking events in Canada and England
- Negotiating flexible work contracts in Canada, asking questions and sitting on a panel during CreativeMornings Ottawa
- Riding in an airplane, sitting on the tube, overground trains or London city buses
I had my boobs out at all of them and breastfed my kids before/after and often DURING the above experiences.
Yes you can:
- Search for books, view art, visit exhibitions, order a coffee and socialize at the same time
- Listen to guest speakers, pitch to strangers and workshop your ideas at the same time
- Conduct a business meeting, speak in public and stand in front of a crowd at the same time
- Get where you need to go on public transit and feed your kid, at the same time
If you’re open to being flexible, feeling a bit uncomfortable, sitting (or standing) in the same position for extended periods of time and adapting as you go, I say it’s well worth a try.
When I became a parent, I still liked reading, art, travel, coffee, pints, business, creativity and exploring my neighbourhood.
Doing all of the above has definitely moved me out of my comfort zone and required a bit of trial and error, as well as lots of ups and downs but I now know that I can do it and it’s not up to me if others are uncomfortable.
Because of it all, my kids and I have seen places, art, spaces and had experiences I don’t think I’ll ever tire of reminiscing about.
TLDR: Have baby, will travel/speak in public/write books/run businesses.
Looking for more info about Flexible + Remote Work?
Subscribe to receive my free monthly Work + Life newsletter focused on travel, international family life, creativity and flexible work: http://bit.ly/AmyMaureenLynchNews
SHOP Products + Online Courses
• Mini Training – Mixing Babies And Business: 3 Ways To Make Remote Work More Productive For You (+ Your Family) [LEARN MORE]
• Book – Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience [LEARN MORE]
• Online Course – Based on the book Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience [JOIN THE WAITLIST]
FREE Digital Resources, Templates + Guides
• E-Course – Go Remote: 5 Steps To Transition To Flexible Work [LEARN MORE]
• Template – Remote Work (With Kids) Time Blocking Made Easy [LEARN MORE]
• Guide – Babies + Business Mini Guide To Navigating The Corporate Jungle (With Kids) [LEARN MORE]
Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience is based on my journey as a blogger, writer, founder and parent to date.
You can then purchase, download and read the eBook version of my book from your mobile, tablet or device!