My first book is currently on sale! 📲
Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience is based on my journey as a blogger, writer, founder and parent to date.
You can then purchase, download and read the eBook version of my book from your mobile, tablet or device!
There’s currently a Kindle Countdown sale* running on the eBook version from July 16–23, 2020 in the US and UK markets (unfortunately I can’t run it in other markets yet).
*Amazon marketplace prices vary by your purchase location.
About the book
I’ve been blogging for over 10 years and this book has been written to help you solve real problems, for real people and focuses on:
- designing a blog around your values, interests and time commitments;
- creating content, sharing your ideas and seeking feedback; and
- defining what you offer, your ideal customer and launching your Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
It aims to help current and aspiring creatives, freelancers, bloggers, flexible workers, business owners and side hustlers with limited time.
This book is not designed for people who have an existing business and want to create a blog as a menu item on their website to drive traffic, otherwise known as content marketing.
You’re going to be learning about how I’ve done the reverse–starting a blog, maintaining it through multiple iterations and big life changes (like moving countries four times and having two kids).
Over time, I’ve used it to test business ideas based on my original content and conversations with people around the world.
What started as an online expat travel diary and a means for me to remain connected with family and friends abroad, turned into:
- media requests;
- guest speaking opportunities;
- connecting with strangers;
- advocating for issues she’s passionate about;
- validating business ideas;
- creating a growing community; and
- making a positive impact.
This is the magic of getting your ideas out of your head and into the world!
By the end of this book, you’ll have a clear idea of:
- what themes your blog will focus on;
- how and when you’ll create original content;
- who your ideal customer is and how you’ll reach them; and
- what solution you’ll offer, launch and test.
Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience contains links to resources and templates to help you work through the exercises and action items mentioned in the book.
The Kindle Edition is normally $5.99 USD:
- From July 16–20, 2020 it will be available for $0.99 USD or £0.99
- From July 20–23, 2020 it will be available for $2.99 USD or £1.99
Before returning to the regular price. The Kindle Edition is also available for free to download for members of the Kindle Unlimited program.
*Amazon marketplace prices vary by your purchase location.
Extra support for readers:
If you’re interested in learning more about my book, you can click on the button above and use Amazon’s ‘Look Inside’ feature to view the Table of Contents and read the Introduction.
Resources mentioned in the book, which I have created in a digital format for Startup Blogging readers to access include:
- Chapter 1: Your Why – Exercise and Action Step
- Chapter 2: Your Values – Exercise and Action Step
- Chapter 3: Your Time – Productivity Resources, Ideal Week Template and Action Step
- Chapter 4: Your Tools – Action Step
- Chapter 5: Your Content – Writing Prompts, Exercise and Action Step
- Chapter 6: Your Ideas – Marketing Prompts, Content Generation Resources and Action Step
- Chapter 7: Define Your Solution – Business Model Canvas and Ideal Customer Resources, Ideal Customer Questionnaire Script and Action Step
- Chapter 8: Launch Your MVP – Content Tracking Prompts, Minimum Viable Product (MVP) Exercise and Action Step
- Chapter 9: Test and Evolve – MVP Testing Prompts, Terms and Conditions, Privacy and Refund Policy Template, Exercise and Action Step
I will also send you a sneak peek PDF copy, if you write an email request to: contact[at]amymaureenlynch.com.
Feedback on Startup Blogging:
Part of the contents of this book were originally created and delivered by me as a conference workshop for an event in 2019.
The content has been carefully edited to focus on making it more digestible and actionable, encouraging you to startup blogging now and test your ideas over the coming months.
“I liked that the focus was on organic development of community and ideas instead of just social media marketing. I also like the periodic questions to consider what I wanted to do with the information.”
“Enjoyed the ideas for how to share your message or find out what resonates with people.”
“I love Amy’s generosity with sharing her knowledge and experience. Really great session.”
“Lots of useful ideas for starting and growing an audience.”
“(I enjoyed) the personal experiences of the presenter, interaction with audience, resource materials and focus on doing things for passion rather than just for money.”
“The topic is very interesting and well presented.”
Looking for more info about Flexible + Remote Work?
Subscribe to receive my free monthly Work + Life newsletter focused on travel, international family life, creativity and flexible work: http://bit.ly/AmyMaureenLynchNews
SHOP Products + Online Courses
• Mini Training – Mixing Babies And Business: 3 Ways To Make Remote Work More Productive For You (+ Your Family) [LEARN MORE]
• Book – Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience [LEARN MORE]
• Online Course – Based on the book Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience [JOIN THE WAITLIST]
FREE Digital Resources, Templates + Guides
• E-Course – Go Remote: 5 Steps To Transition To Flexible Work [LEARN MORE]
• Template – Remote Work (With Kids) Time Blocking Made Easy [LEARN MORE]
• Guide – Babies + Business Mini Guide To Navigating The Corporate Jungle (With Kids) [LEARN MORE]