Do you ever take a moment to look back at how far you’ve come?
Celebrate your wins: If you don’t, who will?
I always forget to but when I feel out of sorts, things aren’t working or I’m getting overwhelmed, instead of trying to push through the never-ending to-do list (often created by myself), I am a big fan of the ‘ta-da!’ list.
Listing out things you’ve already done.
“Wow, thanks Amy. So enlightening.”
But hear me out.
Looking back over the past month may not wow you, but try looking back at the past year, the past five, the past 10.
- What have you done during those periods of time that you’re proud of?
- What was the hardest thing you encountered?
- What did you think was going to be hard but in reality, was a lot easier in retrospect?
- What moments excited you?
- And what, as an 80-year-old*, will you be glad you tried? Even if you failed.
These are some ‘ta-da!’ list writing prompts which are great to work through in your own time. But they can also be applied to the present moment, your future goals (and the inevitable challenges).
At the very least, I hope writing out or mentally running through your answers as you read them will make you crack a smile.
I always try to transmute my fears into excitement, anticipation and at the very least, a bit of an experiment.
Because if you never try, you never know. And I’d rather be momentarily uncomfortable than left wondering for a lifetime!
A great personal example from the past year of doing something–which used to scare me and now excites me–to spread a message, after seeing how speaking up can create small (and large) changes in the community.
If you’d like more examples of how I’ve done things which scared the shite out of me (momentarily) and what happened when I did them, check out the January 2020 post ‘A Decade In Review’ on my blog here: https://notesfromanotherland.com/2020/01/02/a-decade-in-review/
*I don’t believe in retirement or a specific ‘time’ for things, pick a random age!
Access my FREE Go Remote: 5 Steps To Transition To Flexible Work e-course and get started on your plans to pitch existing and future clients (or employers) a long-term remote work arrangement.
Sign up to my free short online course which includes five daily emails, prompts to get you started and a PDF workbook! ⬇️
If you have any specific questions about remote work, please comment on this blog post, I’d love to help you out!
Looking for more info about Flexible + Remote Work?
I’ve set a goal of doing more video/audio content this year, so stay tuned for quick episodes which will cover the intersection of parenthood, creativity and flexible work.
Subscribe to receive my free monthly Work + Life newsletter focused on travel, international family life, creativity and flexible work: http://bit.ly/AmyMaureenLynchNews
SHOP Products + Online Courses
• Mini Training – Mixing Babies And Business: 3 Ways To Make Remote Work More Productive For You (+ Your Family) [LEARN MORE]
• Book – Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience [LEARN MORE]
• Online Course – Based on the book Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience [JOIN THE WAITLIST]
FREE Digital Resources, Templates + Guides
• E-Course – Go Remote: 5 Steps To Transition To Flexible Work [LEARN MORE]
• Template – Remote Work (With Kids) Time Blocking Made Easy [LEARN MORE]
• Guide – Babies + Business Mini Guide To Navigating The Corporate Jungle (With Kids) [LEARN MORE]
Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience is based on my journey as a blogger, writer, founder and parent to date.
You can then purchase, download and read the eBook version of my book from your mobile, tablet or device!
There’s currently a Kindle Countdown sale* running on the eBook version from July 16–23, 2020 in the US and UK markets.
*Amazon marketplace prices vary by your purchase location.