Today I’m happy but also sad.
Grateful but also a bit regretful.
Joyful but also grieving.
I have two lovely boys with me but was due to have our third baby in a little over a week.
It was going well but then took a sharp turn and didn’t go as planned. I was in shock but our children’s needs didn’t stop, so I kept going. As you do.
It wasn’t until I saw the flowers we planted in November start to sprout this month and realized how close my due date was to Mother’s Day in Canada, that some of my feelings started to surface again.
Remembering things I’ve tried to forget.
Accepting things we cannot change.
Grateful for a loving family to keep me anchored. Focusing on creative projects I’d like to birth this year.
Feeling loved but hurting this weekend.
Sending love and light to those feeling a bit cracked open today.
I don’t know if it gets easier but i hope you feel held in some way.
[Photo of our attempt to take a Mother’s Day 2020 photo with my kids].
Writing in 2020
My first book, Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience is now available for purchase on Amazon as an eBook or paperback, in large part due to a few mindset and productivity hacks I’ve been using over the past decade.
It’s available from Amazon as an eBook, to be delivered on April 24, 2020. The eBook will remain at the special launch price of $2.99 USD* for one month, before going up on May 24, 2020 to $5.99 USD*.
It’s also available from Amazon as a paperback via their print on demand service at the price of $10.99 CAD or $9.99 USD elsewhere*, plus applicable taxes, shipping and handling.
*Amazon marketplace prices vary by your purchase location.
I will also send you a sneak peek PDF copy of Chapter 1, including the book’s Table of Contents, Introduction and Conclusion, if you write an email request to: contact[at]amymaureenlynch.com.
I wrote a couple of blog posts to share how I’ve been:
- Writing a book (while raising kids) – click to read; and
- Marketing a book (while raising kids) – click to read.
I think you can apply a lot of the tips to any creative project that seems overwhelming or requires periods of ‘deep work’, whether you are a primary caregiver or not.
Thank you for reading!
– Amy x
P.S. Feel free to forward this post to others who may also need a bit of digital love and encouragement to get started.
Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience is based on my journey as a blogger, writer, founder and parent to date.
It’s intended to help you solve real problems, for real people and focuses on:
- designing a blog around your values, interests and time commitments;
- creating content, sharing your ideas and seeking feedback; and
- defining what you offer, your ideal customer and launching your Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
Feedback on Startup Blogging:
Part of the contents of this book were originally created and delivered by me as a conference workshop for an event in 2019.
The content has been carefully edited to focus on making it more digestible and actionable, encouraging you to startup blogging now and test your ideas over the coming months.
“I liked that the focus was on organic development of community and ideas instead of just social media marketing. I also like the periodic questions to consider what I wanted to do with the information.”
“Enjoyed the ideas for how to share your message or find out what resonates with people.”
“I love Amy’s generosity with sharing her knowledge and experience. Really great session.”
“Lots of useful ideas for starting and growing an audience.”
“(I enjoyed) the personal experiences of the presenter, interaction with audience, resource materials and focus on doing things for passion rather than just for money.”
“The topic is very interesting and well presented.”
I have also created a few additional digital resources to help you navigate the future of flexible work:
- FREE Work From Home (WFH) Time Blocking Made Easy Template to help you structure your days and avoid overwhelm, using a customizable Google Sheet;
- FREE Babies + Business Mini Guide To Navigating The Corporate Jungle (With Kids) written from the perspective of a parent (me) who has brought her young children into dozens of business settings from the age of four weeks old onward, in two different countries;
- FREE Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea and Build Your Audience resources and templates to help you work through the exercises and action items mentioned in the book; and
- (in progress) Startup Blogging: Validate A Business Idea + Build Your Audience, an online course to help you get your ideas out of your head and into the world, based on an original three-hour workshop I delivered in 2019.