The writer behind the blog:
Amy Maureen Lynch
Country hopper and foreign city explorer, I’m a Canadian expat who’s lived in Australia, Ireland and England for the better part of a decade.
Along the way, I’ve made local and expat friends and kept in touch with family overseas, while studying, volunteering and working in each new country.
I recently returned home to Ottawa, Canada with my Irish husband and young Irish-Canadian family.
My background is in marketing and communications, with over a decade spent in roles in the private, public and charitable sectors.
The business of being creative:
Writer | Speaker | Community Organizer | Activist
Things I’ve been working on lately include:
- Programming and resources for parents who would like to participate in professional development alongside their children, as well as speaking on the topics of inclusion and entrepreneurship, from the perspective of a parent bringing children into business settings. Read more on my blog, in my previous ‘Babies, Business + Breakfast’ newsletters and subscribe for future updates here!
- Finishing my first book about my early experiences as an expat creative abroad with money, mindset and working towards financial freedom: think fin lit meets chick lit.
- Settling into life in Canada with my growing international family, practicing art, travelling and writing about all of the above on my blog, social media (links below) and my seasonal newsletter.
- My experiences bringing children into business settings on Doing It For The Kids (2018).
- My experiences living in the United Kingdom for Expatfinder.com (2018).
- I was one of 35 founders from across the UK selected to participate in Google’s Campus London #CampusforMums Program. Read about my experience and the program’s press coverage in The New York Times, London Evening Standard and The Sunday Times.
- My first few months living in London for ExpatsBlog.com (2015).
- Global Living Mag Expat Twitter Talk (2014).
Please do get in touch!
Do you have a business enquiry, interview request, burning question or inspiring story you’d like to share?
Contact me via this online form.
Looking to use a blog post or photo?
All content (including articles and photos) are original content © Amy Maureen Lynch 2013-2019.
Please share via your networks but don’t steal.